Friday, September 11, 2009

Bad. news.

Okay it's not actually that bad...

As I told you in the last (update) post, I've been busy with cheer tryouts this week. Well, yesterday anyway. Turns out, though that one of my cheerleaders now has a confirmed case of swine flu and about 100 students are quarantined on campus because they also have confirmed cases.

Lovely.

I called my doc and they advised me to stay away from campus for a week and let it run its course, then go from there. I'll of course be following this advice (making Batman extremely happy that he was right for once), but it kind of throws a wrench in things, seeing as how... I'm the COACH and all.

Would it be bad to move the actual try out date to next weekend? Or should I just trust the advisor's judgment and let it go? I think I might be trying to micro-manage a little too much here ;-)

11 comments:

Kitty said...

Wait it out!!! It's not worth exposing you or the baby any more. I'd really way it out!!! If you really need the tryouts to move ahead get someone to video it and you watch the videos.
:)

Melissa said...

I would move the try-out day for sure. Why risk it?

Carbon said...

Whatever you need to do to stay safe and healthy!

I'm not sure what I'd do if H1N1 showed up at the school I work at. On one hand I don't work /with/ any of the students and they do not visit our area. OTOH, we do share facilities, air, etc. I'd probably explain the situation and follow Drs orders to the letter.

I'm going to talk to my Dr Monday about getting the seasonal flu shot.

Katie said...

I would move the try-out date. What's a week? No sense risking your health.

Kimmygintx said...

I think the video-ing of the tryout is a good idea ;) Sounds like the perfect compromise between your desire to micromanage (*ahem* see what's going on in the tryout) and letting the advisor do the judging. This way you can see them too and add your input!

ITA w/the other ladies- why risk it.. totally not worth it! {{HUGS}}

Amy said...

Move the date!!! Don't risk it, it's not worth it!

Rikki said...

I agree with everyone who says move the date! I hope you don't get sick. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jen said...

I agree...move the date. Think of it as a little vacation. Or the idea of the video would work.

Hope everything works out.

Christina said...

When I was exposed to someone who had it I took a 10 day course of Tamiflu and never got sick.

I'd stay away though. It sucks that so many people are sick!

Katie said...

It's hard to give up some of the control, isn't it? I have to get someone to take over my squad in the middle of the season b/c of the whole "i'm having a baby" thing and I'm AFRAID to see what's going to happen with my girls.

Good for you for staying away from campus. I think we have some confirmed cases of it at our school, too, but I didn't think of asking my doc about it. Hmm.... maybe I need to make a phone call....

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This post couldn't be written mmuch better!
Looking throough this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
He continually kept talking about this. I most certainly will send this information to him.
Fairly certain he'll have a great read. Thank you for sharing!



Here is my blog post ... specialized bikes crosstrail