Saturday, August 14, 2010

9 mos FINALLY!

OK, I finally have time to do Brynna's 9 month update... only almost a month late. Yikes!


So, here's the pics I took (on time) this time around:







Not a whole lot changed for her at 9 months. She was still crawling EVERYWHERE and is an expert at it. She started officially cruising too!

Her 9 month appt was set up for the 27th and, as you know, I was in Seattle, so we had to reschedule. I won't bother you with the details, but when I called to reschedule they couldn't get her in... until she was 11 MONTHS OLD! So I canceled it all together and just had her seen by the doctor I had growing up (my mom's boss). It was such a treat to see him :) And I realized how spoiled we would be if we lived there and got to go to him. (Seriously- no waiting EVER, happy staff, nurses available WHEN YOU CALL... it was heaven!) Anyway, B was 18 lbs 5 oz and 27 1/4 in tall- both in the 45%. I can never remember her head measurement, but she's in the 30% which is about where she's been from birth.

She's still in size 3 disposable diapers and we haven't changed her cloth diapers. Batman thinks it's going to need to happen soon... I disagree Ha! She's wearing pretty much all 9 month size clothes. Once in a while I sneak in something cute that's 12 months, but it's usually big (Other than jeans. For some reason 12 mo jeans fit her the best. I think it's because of the bulky cloth diapers).

Still BF and will continue as long as she lets me or 12 months whichever comes first. She's down to about 4 feedings a day and the rest is solid food (3 solid meals and 2 snacks with nursing in between). Our schedule looks something like this:

5-5:30: nurse, then back to bed
8: wake up
8:30: breakfast
9:30: nurse
10:30-11: nap for an hour
11:30-12: snack
1: lunch
2-2:30: nurse
3: nap for an hour
4-4:30: snack
5:30-6: dinner
7: bath
7:30-8: nurse and bedtime

She LOVES these new snacks we found at Cost.co. They are freeze dried apples and pears that dissolve kind of like puffs. I can't remember the brand, and we are out, but as soon as I get more I will let you know ;-)

Still only 2 teeth on the bottom at 9 months.

She's getting more and more animated! She "dances" when we play music and "sings" too! It's the cutest thing ever!

We've discovered a "blankie" of hers. Batman's gma knitted her a few and one in particular seems to be the one she's attached to. Hopefully it holds up over the next few years!

She's more interested than ever of her toys. She loves blocks and things that make noise. And even with all the toys she has to play with, she manages to find the ONE piece of whatever on the floor that she shouldn't have and puts it in her mouth. I feel like I'm constantly vacuuming, sweeping and mopping just to make sure there's nothing to find haha!

I think that's it for now. 10 months is quickly approaching! Yikes! Only a weeks away.

Quick update on my dad too- he was moved to rehab! He's now walking laps around the rehab unit everyday, feeding himself entirely and no more catheter FOR GOOD! The anticipate he will be in the hospital another 21days and then will go home with care (vs an skilled nursing facility). This is WONDERFUL news! :) They think what's going to take the longest is his speech, reasoning, personality, etc. That's what got hit the hardest in all this and it may be a while before he is back to his "old self" if ever. They also anticipate that he may be back to work within 3 months! Such an answer to prayer since the original diagnosis was that it wouldn't be for a year or more. God hears prayers, I tell you! Thanks again for your prayers and thoughts :)

3 comments:

Emma said...

aww... shes so cute! I love the picture where she seems to be grinning as if to say "im gonna do something i shouldn't!"

I'm so glad your dad is doing so much better! Hopefully things continue to go great. =)

Leatrice said...

ok, she's got like the perfect eyebrows. So jealous. :)

CrazyMom said...

So beautiful! Time sure flies when you have fun. Before you know it you'll be throwing her 1st B-day party!