Wednesday, March 2, 2011

16 months!

Little Miss Brynna hit 16 months last week!

Once again, time is just flying by! Before you know it this kid will be 18 months! Can't I just stop the clock for a little while?

So here's the stats that I (sort of) know:

We weighed her yesterday on our home scale (that may or may not be off by a pound or more?). With clothes on she weighed 23lbs. No idea how tall she is, but we may measure her again this week on our trusty "wall of growth." (You know the kind- you mark your kid's height and write a date next to it? Am I the only crazy one?)

She's STILL in most 9 month shirts, but the pants are too short now. All of her 12 month stuff fits well and we've added in a couple outfits (since they are so darn CUTE) that are 18 months- these are HUGE though.
Still in size 3 when we use 'sposies although we are using less and less of them these days. I'm trying to find ways to cut back our grocery bill even more so I'm only letting myself buy one pack every other month (I think 31 comes in a pack of pa.mper cru.isers?). We really only use them if we know we will be out longer than a few hours or if she is going over to my IL for the afternoon, so this shouldn't be too hard.

She seems to have graduated to a size 5 shoe, according to the shoe saleslady. HOWEVER, we have a number of size 4 shoes that still fit her with room, and all the 5's we have seem to be huge on her, so I don't know what this lady was smoking, but whatev. The kid has plenty (and I do mean PLENTY) of shoes to get her through the rest of this year and beyond. We pulled down a couple of "big clothes" tubs and found a plethora of shoes my SIL sent to me when we found out B was a girl. She did get a cute pair of ped.i.peds from my IL for Vday though- Uber cute brown ones with polka dots like this pair... actually those are them Ha! Too bad the store she got them from is going out of business :( because they had the CUTEST pair of Ke.en sandals
that I would LOVE to get for her. And this pair of boot like shoes by jum.pingj.ack. And these cute tennis shoes by see.kai.run But I digress...

She is starting to say a couple more words, although I'm a little more worried that she doesn't have a big vocabulary. Here's a list of what we've heard her say recently:
Mama, Dadda, Dog, Duck, Socks, Baby, Uh Oh, Ball, Book, Ni-night
I think there may be more, but I can't think of them right know. She understands A TON just doesn't verbalize a lot yet.

She is signing more and more. This month we added please and thank you (although thank you doesn't happen nearly as much as please LOL).

She still has a bottle of rice milk before bed, but lately she only drinks about 3/4 of it (we usually give her about 6 oz) so I may cut back to 4 oz and see if we can start weaning her off the bottle.

Her favorite meal these days seems to be stuffed peppers- we make ours with "fake" meat crumbles by morningstar and rice and onions- it's a pretty basic recipe from the bet.ty cro.cker cookbook and we all lurv it! She also loves any kind of fruit, especially blackberries! She has become a bit of a picky eater, but usually I can get her to try a bite or two of whatever we've made.

On top of "twirling" all the time she has learned to do somersaults (with help) and tries to stand on her head constantly! I'm more and more convinced we need to get her into a little gym type program- screw the swim lessons ;-)

Her sleep has changed a bit. I think she may becoming a morning person, which is not really fun for me Ha! She goes to bed at 7 after bath, jammies, book and bottle (and an anime with Batman if I'm gone) and sleeps until about 6. Some weeks it's been 4:30 or 5 though and that is just NOT OKAY with this mama! The nice thing is, she wakes up happy, talking to herself and playing with her el.mo and glow worm.

As you saw in my recent post, she transitioned to a "big girl" car seat. She seems to like it well enough. I think she can see a little bit more (she is still rear facing and will remain so until at least 2- I would rather it be 4ish but Batman and I made a compromise of 2 yrs old).

And I can't think of anything else... no new teeth and she's still pretty bald on top like a little old man ;-)
Here are a few snapshots from the last month:

Enjoying a "sample" from Fred.Meye.r (I think Kro.ger for those of you not from the NW?)- pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Dipped in chocolate!

Sporting the new sweater that one of the guys out at the base (works with Batman) made for her- and yes I said GUY! (this was his first attempt at crocheting btw- I kind of hate him lol) ;-)

Getting into my makeup. At least she isn't trying to put it on at this point. She just enjoys taking everything out and putting it back in the drawer.

Feeding her bottle to her baby- it's time we make a trip to the $store and get her some "doll" size bottles, don't you think?

And another one at the park on the swing- she LOVES to swing :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She's getting so big, T!! I love watching her grow. 16 months have flown by...I still remember when u were pregnant!

someday-soon said...

It seems like B really couldn't be doing any better =) I bet she would love those gymnastic classes. She'll learn to swim eventurally ;-) I can't believe that sweater was anyone's first attempt, impressive. Thanks for sharing her updates, it's really fun to read about!