Monday, April 16, 2012

18 weeks

I'm only almost 2 weeks late on this one... ugh! Hopefully my 20 week update will be on time.

Here we go:

first is baby bump #2 and second is bump #1 with Brynna
(once again my bump with B is blurry... must be because my camera sucked back then.) I think I'm definitely bigger this go 'round. Thoughts? If I can remember I'll do a bare belly pic (albeit properly "photoshopped) with my next update so I can compare a little better.


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 18 weeks, 5 days ( again when the pic was taken... today I'm actually 19 wks 4days)

Size of baby: Baby #2 is about 6 in long (about the size of a heirloom tomato) and weighs about 8.5 oz. (eek! half a pound!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I show I'm up almost 10 lbs overall. I really need to go back to healthy eating. The last couple weeks have been a total bust with Easter and then a crazy week.

Clothes: Maternity-I totally forgot to mention that one of the ladies that offered me her clothes really sent them! It was like Christmas getting such a fun package! And she has super cute taste :) I've already worn just about everything she sent at least one!

Gender: Soon! Appt is on the 23rd! I hope this week goes by super fast because I am ready to KNOW!

Movement: Still feeling movement, somedays more than others. This one seems to be pretty active in the morning and evenings.

Sleep: I've taken my doc's advice and been taking half a tab of uni.som (or the walg.reens version) just about every night. I do find I really DON'T sleep when I don't take it. :(

What I miss: Still missing a good cold cut sandwich.

Cravings: Not really any I can think of in the last few weeks. Then again, my house has been filled with candy so if I get the urge, I indulge in a small piece (or 6).

Symptoms: Itchies seem to have gone away for now. I never did try Ben.adryl though. For some reason my sniffer is in high gear and just smelling the trash can put me into dry heave mode. Not sure what that's all about? 

Moment this week: Feeling more consistent movement. It's helped me get passt some of my anxiety.

What I'm looking forward to: April 23rd

Milestones: Less than 150 days!

3 comments:

someday-soon said...

One week from today!!! So exciting =) I think you're about the same size but it's hard comparing bare belly to clothed belly...

Lauren said...

I agree, it's hard to compare bare belly to clothed belly, especially when the clothes are loose like the ones you've been wearing in your pics. Do the bare belly pic!!:)

I don't think 10lbs is too bad for almost 20 weeks pregnant. I WISH that is all I had gained so far, but sadly I am really far past that point. I have been eating much healthier (and much less) the past 3 days, and after eating whatever I want for 2 years of nursing, I'm really feeling deprived:( It better be worth it at my next appointment! I'm actually hoping to stay the same weight over the next 4 weeks. I can afford it, considering how much I've gained so far.

Kitty said...

Wow- 19wks already! I cannot believe how time flys by when you're pregnant! Congrats and I'm glad everything is going well. I will be looking to see what you're having in a week. :) Exciting.
Kitty