Thursday, August 13, 2009

She came through... sort of

So BFF K and I went out shopping last night for my shower this weekend and lo and behold... she ended up paying for over half the stuff we got!! Hooray! I feel like she is really coming through and now I kind of regret complaining about the whole thing. I guess it's all these preggo hormones getting the better of me. And now I really feel like I was being a complete bitch by pissing and moaning about the whole thing. Thanks for siding with me anyway ;-)

I can't wait for Saturday now!! I know it's going to be a lot of fun! It will be a really small shower- only 7 not including myself. But it's all close friends and family :) Plus K and Megs are coming early to help set up and my very best neighbor friend D has volunteered to help me clean up- which is just so sweet of her.

I tell you we have some really awesome neighbors!! Batman and I were home last night watching a movie and when I looked out the window our neighbor was MOWING OUR LAWN! How awesome is that?! Needless to say, we ran out and insisted he let us help him (aka let us finish)- which he sort of did LOL (meaning he finished our front yard and let Batman "help" him mow our back yard) If that isn't a GREAT neighbor and friend, I don't know what is! We are so blessed, I tell you!!

I'll make sure and get pics and of course post them!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad your friend came through. Enjoy your shower :)

I know what you mean about having great neighbors. It never fails to snow several feet when Jim's at work. Since he's a firefighter and gone for 24 hours, it's up to me to shovel our entire driveway. Our neighbors are super nice and always help me! I am very thankful :)

Melissa said...

I'm so glad your BFF is stepping up to the plate. I'm sure your shower will be incredible!

Your neighbor is really, really kind. How awesome is that?!

Ella said...

Have a great time at your shower on Saturday!! Glad your friend came though and did the right thing. Can't wait to see pics!

Rikki said...

I hope you enjoy your shower. I am so glad to hear your friend has stepped up.

That is so sweet about your neighbor! I wish I had a neighbor like that.

Amy said...

Have a wonderful shower!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your shower, Tiff! I'm so glad your BFF came through. And what a great neighbor you have!