Thursday, July 5, 2012

30 weeks!

Yup, I've made it to 30 weeks (okay today officially marks week 31, but whatevs) and we are now starting to really feel the time crunch. Call it nesting, call it reality... we have a LOT to do before little man arrives. But I'll get to all that another day ;-)

So here goes:

 Belly #2
Belly #1

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 30 weeks

Size of baby: Baby #2 is about 15.7 in long (about the size of a normal cabbage) and weighs about 2.75lbs.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well at my last appt I was up another 7 lbs (YIKES!) which put me overall at 24 lbs. I kinda wanted to stay around the 25 lbs mark total, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. However in the last couple weeks I've only gained 1 lb per my scale so I think if I can keep this up I'll stick close to the 35ish mark, which I'm completely okay with! I'm NOT okay with gaining 50 like I did with B 

Clothes: Maternity, maternity... I did try on some pre preggo pants the other day and my butt still fit into them, so yay for small miracles ;-)

Gender: All boy... who still (STILL) remains nameless

Movement: Lots of movement and I'm starting to think that he may be transverse breech based on where I feel a TON of movement ... either side of my belly, but little near the top or bottom. I guess we will see at my next appt on the 16th. I'm probably just paranoid!

Sleep: It takes either half a unisom or 2 benadryl... still

What I miss: Being able to exercisemore than a few minutes at a time. These days I've fallen to only doing about 5-10 minutes at a time (a couple times a day) and I wish I could just stick it out for at least a half hour!

Cravings: Sweet stuff.

Symptoms: Heartburn seems to be rearing its ugly head again, just like with B.

Moment this week: Panic when I realized we don't have a whole lot of time before Little Man makes his appearance. Oh, but I did score some major garage sale deals on clothes. He will at least have a few outfits to wear the first weeks of his life ;-)

What I'm looking forward to: Still September! And my next appt- after that we start going every 2 weeks if you can believe it! Scary :)

Milestones: Passed the GD test (or so I assume since they didn't call) and apparently don't have any iron issues this time around either. I declare both small victories :D

More pics tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I am really starting to feel the time crunch, too. I'm 26 weeks, so technically I still have a bunch of time, but I know that will go by fast. And because I was bedridden from 30 weeks onward last time I feel like I really need to get things together now - not later.

someday-soon said...

Congratulations on passing the GD test! Not having iron issues is a big deal too. Sounds like your weight gain is slowing down so I bet you stick to that 35 number, nice work =) Hopefully a name is chosen soon, I can tell you're a little anxious on that front.