Sunday, July 29, 2012

Nursery progress

We've made a tiny bit of headway on little man's nursery over the last couple weekends. I wasn't going to post about it until it was done, but since it's taking me longer than I thought (thanks to my typical procrastinating nature) I figured I should post updates on things as I get them done- If only to make myself feel like things are actually getting accomplished Lol
Last weekend, as stated, we got the room painted. It's basically the same as B's room (which you can see here) only the green is now gray (love <3 love!) and we painted over the verse on the wall near the crib (I'm still looking for a good verse for this little guy... Maybe from psalms 139?)

Batman and his friend also installed a fan where B's chandelier was (and yes, I did take down that awful green valance and moved the black and white curtains to B's big girl room).
This week and weekend I got all his clothes washed (btw the child has quite a few onesies and NO pants... Time for more garage sales?) and put away and started on his bedding.
 Just as I did with Brynna, I fell in love with something I saw online and of course can't get (this time it wasn't a price issue... It was a homemade issue lol) so I've been making this little guy's nursery bedding too. Tonight I finally finished the crib skirt and started on the bumper (*gasp* I know I'm a terrible mother because I put bumpers in the crib!). Thankfully this time around my wonderful SIL (the one married to my bro, not the ones on Batman's side) is crocheting a coverlet for little man in the colors of his room (gray, red and blue) which means one less item to make myself :) I can't wait to see how it turns out!
 
(crib skirt)

I also got into the crocheting mood myself this week and whipped up a little hat for him. I'm not a huge fan of the generic hospital ones so I figured I'd make him some cute ones for our short stay.

 So, some things checked off the never ending list, lots still left to do ;)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Cute hat! I wish I knew how to knit or crochet!

someday-soon said...

That hat is adorable! Nice progress on the nursery =)

Christina said...

The hat is so cute!

Lisa said...

Do you have a pattern for that hat? It is so stinking cute!