Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What I'm reading

In light of the fact that batman has gained a bit of weight back over the last year, and that I am going to need to lose baby weight here in a couple months, weve been looking for a new book to help us get there that keeps in line with our eating "values" (aka doesn't have to be heavy in animal protein). And we found one!!

The skinny rules! By Bob Harper from biggest loser :)

It's been great so far, outlining 20 basic rules for helping you lose weight and maintaining it. And it's all stuff that's fairly easy to follow like "drink a large glass of water before every meal. No exceptions" and "eat berries and an apple every day. Every. Single. Day" see? Not hard ;) we are only on our first week following it (obviously I'm adding in extra snacks since I'm not actually trying to LOSE weight, just trying to eat more healthy and support batman) and we already are feeling better!

And so far every recipe we've tried is pretty tasty, which is a big change from a lot of diets. And the book is FILLED with them!

If you're needing a diet makeover or just needing some new healthy recipes, I recommend it!

(obviously I'm not getting paid to tell you any of this... Just really liking the book and the rules) ;)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm a fan of Bob Harper... you'll have to let us know if you guys have good results from this!

someday-soon said...

Sounds like a great book, good luck!!!

Courtney at RRI said...

The Rules are pretty solid, but it's one thing to know mentally what to do and what we actually wind up doing. I mean, knowing that I shouldn't binge on a pint of ice cream when I'm stressed out and my doing it are two different things. ;)

Take a look at the video in my link--you may find it useful in learning a little more about why we sabotage ourselves.

Best of luck to both you and batman! You guys can do this.