Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm back! in bullets

Last week was rough. I really hate it when Batman is tdy :( Here's our week in bullets so I don't forget anything... I promise I will be posting more!

  • Batman left Sunday morning (as you know) so after we dropped him off, B and I headed out to breakfast, then home for a nap (much needed) and a day of relaxing

  • We spent a good part of the week trying (but failing for the most part) to stay busy

  • My MIL celebrated her 55th birthday on Wednesday. We went out to dinner with them which was a nice distraction

  • Brynna turned 17 months a couple weeks ago (post to come on that!)

  • I've started to take this weight loss seriously. Batman and I have a $200 bet going on who ends up the "fittest" by the time he comes home. I'm determined to win!

  • I'm down 3.5 lbs this week. He's down 9... guess I have to step things up a bit

  • My older brother got engaged on Saturday! I'm so excited to meet my new SIL to be when we go up to Sea-town in a couple weeks!

  • One of my cheer friends (she's the director of a local cheer gym, is the daughter of my advisor, and has been a family friend of Batman's since he was in middle school) had a beautiful baby boy last Sunday!

  • We had 2 really nice days this week that afforded us the opportunity to get OUTSIDE! We went to 4 different parks in 2 days! It was so fun and I can't wait for summer!

  • I started using my other blog to help me keep up with the whole "losing weight- being healthy" lifestyle. Just really using it as a diary for myself more than anything.

  • Brynna misses her daddy and has had some terrible nights of sleep, but I think she's getting used to him being gone now.

  • We get to Sky.pe with Batman just about every night, which has made things a bit easier this time around. It also helps that he's stateside.

  • I've gotten hooked on old seasons of army wives on net.flix. Probably not the best show when I'm already an emotional mess ;-)

I think that's about it in a nutshell.


Hope everyone is doing well. Pictures and more posts to come!

3 comments:

Happily Married said...

I, too, got addicted to that show! It seems like you're doing a good job of staying busy. When it's over you'll probably think "Wow! That went fast!" but while you're in the thick of it, it feels like it's never going to end. YAY for Sky.pe...I know that will be key for us too. And a BIG Congrats on your weight-loss! What a great accomplishment in a week!

someday-soon said...

Happy the weather outside is getting nicer! It must really help you pass the time to be able to get out and about. Four parks in two days is impressive =)

Melissa said...

It sounds like you're adjusting well. It's been a busy week for you and that certainly helps.

Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great!