Sunday, January 9, 2011

Narrowing it down

We are finally getting to the point where Brynna is outgrowing her infant carrier seat, so I've been doing research on convertibles. I think I've narrowed it down to 3... or maybe just 2 after my conversation with the saleslady today...

But I need some advice or maybe just some votes:

Option #1- Recaro ProRide

Option #2- Britax Boulevard

Option #3- Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL

I linked them all to gray ones as that's probably what we would get (even though I LOVE this fabric on the Britax and this fabric on the SK) to minimize stainage and in case it goes to another child (who am I kidding though- these car seats will fit Brynna until she's like 8!).

So what do you think? I'm leaning more towards either the Recaro or the SK. And probably mostly towards the SK. But I had B sit in the Recaro today and it just looked so comfy (they didn't have the Britax or SK in so I'll have to go back and see how they fit her when they do). Also the SK is supposedly pretty heavy (like I would be taking it in and out of my car... NOPE!) so that's something to consider?

Anyone have experience with any of these? What are some of your pros and cons? What car seat do you have (if not one of these) and what do you like or dislike about it?

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Both my kids had the Britax Boulevard. Ella used it until she was 5 1/2. By then they were both able to move up to the Britax Frontier 85.

I thought the boulevards were great. I can't remember anything that I didn't like about them. The frontier is great too. I don't have any experience with either of the other seats, but can recommend the Britax one.

Rikki said...

We have a Britax Marathon, which is pretty similar to the Boulevard just a little more narrow and has less cushion/pillow things. We had a Britax Companion(I think that's the name) infant seat and it was great. Personally I highly recommend going with the Britax. Our marathon is very heavy but we never take it out unless it needs to be cleaned(so every 3-4 months or so).

~Rachel~ said...

I can't believe you're still able to have her in the infant carrier!! :)

Fine For Now said...

We just got Meredith the Flora patterned Sunshine Kids seat for Christmas! It's a really pretty fabric in person too! Very soft. She seems very comfortable in it. Her stats are 10 mo, 20 lb, 29 3/4". We like the buckles and it looks really safe. Love that it's made out of steel. I think it will be airy and breathable in the summer (we are in FL). I don't know the other seats, but another good thing about the SK is the low profile sides so when they are bigger they can climb in and out by themselves easily. It installed easy too :) Hope this helps!

Happily Married said...

We have the SK and I couldn't love it more! It's great for kiddos with long legs and it's skinny enough (but still PLENTY of width in the seat part) to allow a couple of carseats to fit in the back seat with it. Yes, it's heavy but once you turn it forward facing you can take off one part of it reducing it's weight. I can't recommend it highly enough! The only thing I wish it had is a cup holder since it will grow with our son. That's it. The one downer with this one is BRU doesn't usually carry it in the store so trying it out may be a bit of a pain.

Good luck!

Christina said...

Infant carrier still??? OMG you lucky brat! Annika outgrew her's at 6 months. We have the Graco ComfortSport and I like it. It was the only one that would fit in my Scion so I didn't have much of a choice.

Kitty said...

We have the radian XTSL and LOVE it! It's amazing and all steel and great for tall kiddos! Let me know if you have ?s. :) We have the FLORA also! You could do the 80 or the XTSL!

Melissa said...

Like Rikki, we have the Britax Marathon and we're very happy with it. I agree that it weighs a ton, but it's very sturdy and safe. I am a huge Britax fan and I definitely recommend it to parents.