Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wednesday {thursday] weigh in

Well I forgot last week and the week before was just bad all around, so I stepped on the dreaded scale this morning.

Weight loss/ gain: -.5
Skinny jeans: let's not go there

So down a little, which is better than I thought, by a LONG SHOT. I was expecting to have gained especially after the last week I've had.
I'm back to my motivated self again, so hopefully this will help shed some more weight.

I had my annual today and went... okay. I talked to my doc about feeling "off." Kind of like I'm just not "me." I keep waiting for all my hormones to regulate themselves and get me back to feeling normal again.
He decided to check my thyroid to see if there's something going on there.
I complained about my weight loss (or lack thereof) to him and I think that may have pushed him towards the testing. What I didn't mention was that I don't always make the best choices... Oh well. We will see what the test shows tomorrow I guess? Somehow he was "okay" with me being 30 lbs over my normal weight (pre preggo and pre TTC weight). That kind of disturbed me, but he chalked it up to my "aging metabolism."
I chalk it up to being a lazy ass.

Meh.

Time to work out while the munchkin is sleeping...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It's all about the small victories, so congratulations on this week's weight loss. Try not to be so hard on yourself.

I'm sorry you're still feeling off. I never felt back to normal after my pregnancies, but I always chalked it up to having my pregnancies so close together. Hopefully your thyroid checks out okay.

someday-soon said...

Congrats on the weight loss this week! A loss is a loss =)

Good for you for bringint it up with your doc that you are feeling off. Hopefully the testing gives you some clues...

Happily Married said...

Congrats on your unexpected loss! I completely understand about the fight with the scale...especially after TTC & having kiddos. The thing I found that helped spur some good results was getting rid of sugar and also signing up for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day. I didn't completely get rid of sugar & sweets but I am making conscious choices to avoid it unless I'm fiending for it.

Good for you for advocating for yourself with your doc. The thyroid is a tricky little thing and it's symptoms of being off are suble but should definitely be checked out. Hopefully you'll get some answers.