Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Heavy Heart

Our neighbors were found today. Unfortunately, the news was tragic. You can read the news story here.

My heart hurts.

From what we've gotten through our other neighbors, D and T, Barb and Charlie turned onto an old road (probably at Charlie's insistance as he was adventurous and Barb did what he wanted) that narrowed beyond what they could navigate. Speculation is that they tried to back out, lost control of their truck and rolled down the embankment. From the evidence, it appeared that Barb was killed before Charlie as her body had been covered by sleeping bags. He was found yards away from the sight, probably looking for help. Their dear pup, Sassy, survived the entire ordeal and has been given to family that has been staying at their house.

I can't even begin to imagine what they went through. Was Barb killed in the accident? Did she live with injuries for days before passing? Oh, what Charlie must have felt, seeing the love of his life, pass before his eyes. What really happened? We may never know for sure. I pray that the end came quickly and as peacefully as possible for them both. They were so dear to our hearts!

Please pray for their surviving family! Our hearts are exceedingly heavy tonight.

7 comments:

Rikki said...

That is heartbreaking T! I am praying for all their friends and family.

Melissa said...

That is such a sad story. So heartbreaking. My prayers are with their families. :(

Anne said...

I got choked up reading this, especially when I read about the sleeping bags part. I hope you are doing okay too. Thoughts and prayers for their friends and loved ones.

Happily Married said...

T, I'm so sorry. This story gave me chills and broke my heart for everyone involved. I'm sure their doggie is missing his "parents" and was doing his best to protect them. I, too, hope that their passings were peaceful and easy for each of them. I'll say an extra prayer for them & their families tonight. ((((HUGS))))

A Wife and a Teacher said...

That is so sad, I'm hope that their family and friends will be able to get some closure now. I'm sure not knowing has been hard. My prayers are will all their family, friends, and neighbors.

someday-soon said...

I'm so, so sorry! Tons of PTs for their family and friends...

Kitty said...

Oh my gosh, T. I cannot believe this. I'm so sorry to hear this and got tears in my eyes reading it. I'm sorry for your loss and for their family. I too hope it was fast. I still cannot believe it.