Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The date has been set (edited for clarification)

Well, I made the appt and my IUD (hopefully) comes out Oct 10th. Let the TTC crazies begin!

I'm hoping this time around I can be a little more relaxed and laid back in my approach. But who am i kidding? When am I ever NOT crazy about something I set my mind on?

Anyone have any advice about getting the IUD out? All I can find online are horror stories (thank you Dr. google). ETA: My IUD has little-to-no strings and they had to use an u/s to even find it back in April when I was having that weird spotting... so I'm not sure if it's going to be easy, hard, whatever :( But does AF show up right away or am I going to have to wait around for her to get with the program?

I'm kind of excited. And kind of terrified. We will see what happens.



I will say this though. I recently had my palm read (by a 6 YR OLD- so it's completely reliable {dripping with sarcasm}) and supposedly we are only having one child so maybe all this anticipation is for naught?

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! I'll be interested to hear how easily it comes out because I have one and I'm not looking forward to having to have that taken out next year.

I've never had my palm read, so I can't say that they're all reliable. I wouldn't worry about that.

Happily Married said...

How exciting! Our kids' Ped said she took her own out! I still have mine but have been told by several of the OB/GYNs that I worked with that it's an easy procedure - especially for those that have had a vaginal birth before.

I hope that your dreams may become a reality soon and that those TTC crazies fly right out the window. Best of luck to you!

The Captain's Wife said...

IUD removal is super easy. Literally, they have you cough and they tug it out - easy peasy.

Good luck!!

someday-soon said...

Good luck with the IUD removal! I don't have any experience there to share.

I think that palm reader was smoking somethin...wishing you tons of GL =)

Happily Married said...

Didn't want to get your hopes up or post this without you asking first but some friends of ours had success even before her first AF came. They DTD (just for enjoyment) the night before her IUD was removed and they found out they were expecting within a few short weeks. To answer your question you just wait for AF to show and your cycle *should* be back to normal. Without knowing which kind you have in place (Paragard - no hormones, or Mirena - hormone based) it's hard to say but even if you have Mirena the hormones should exit your system rather quickly and you'll be at the starting gates for TTC!

Again, SO excited for you guys!

Melissa said...

This is exciting news, Tiff! I didn't know TTC was on your short-term agenda and I cannot wait for you to be pregnant again. I have no experience with the IUD, but just wanted to wish you lots of beginner's luck. I hope you see your BFP soon. Congrats on this new adventure!

Coco said...

I'm so excited and yet nervous for you! Hopefully this time around is short and sweet!