Thursday, September 29, 2011

Insanity update... or not

I can't really call this an update since I've kind of put Insanity up on the shelf for a while.

See, first I left for Seattle a few weeks ago (mid week 7... or was it 8? Can't remember) for a week and left it at home. Then I came home and had ZERO motivation to get back into it. And then... well, that's it in a nutshell. I kinda gave up on it.

Don't get me wrong it was a really good workout. I enjoyed, for the most part, those 7ish weeks. And I was starting to see some changes, notice more strength, getting better at each fit test. But I just kind of ran out of steam when I got home.

So after a couple (3) weeks, I decided to come back to it at a later date and instead start up p90x again. I just really felt like I was getting a better work out from it overall (it may have something to do with the fact that I was a lot more consistent with p90 than I was with Insanity). And I kind of like having the weight training AND cardio. I missed that with Insanity.

So that's where I am. Sorry there won't be any before and after pictures... maybe next time I go through insanity? I only have 3 lbs until I've hit my original goal weight. And when (if) I ever get to my dream goal weight, I'll let you know. I think they're going to be the hardest!

1 comment:

someday-soon said...

Good for you for being so very close to your 1st goal =) I hear ya on the dream goal weight!