Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SNS: aka what I like to do on a Saturday night

So last Saturday I had the wonderful priviledge of going to the RODEO. Yeehaa! Did i ever have a great time!? Megs and I put down the $13.00 and spent a fun night watching cowboys- and LOTS of them. Have I ever said I fantasized about Batman being a rodeo cowboy? Oh wait I have! I love watching them hang on for 8 seconds(or at least try) or wrestle some steer to the ground. Don't you?
Megs and I came away with a few things: 1) a new appreciation for chaps 2) Big Brown 'nuff said and 3) a few more inside jokes to last us until CNR.
We got to see my favorite act which as soon as I can upload the video from my phone I will post it. Basically, they turn out all the lights and riders dressed up in red, white and blue lights race around the arena doing all sorts of formations. I don't know why it's my favorite, but it is. I can never remember what they are called though...
I have one last little food for thought... mutton busting! Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to strap a 5 yr old to the back of a sheep and see how long s/he can hold on? Really?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mutton Busting? Oh man...

My cousin, a girl!, rides rodeo in Texas! She totally kicks ass and she's only 14!

Morgan Owens said...

HAHA yeah the sheep thing is pretty crazy! Isn't there something else they can do for fun?