Friday, February 20, 2009

Progesterone it is...

My doc called this morning and decided he wanted me to start on prog supps after all. I'm not entirely surprised or upset. I posted on a couple of IV boards and it seems to be a pretty common thing for a) people with SCH and b) people that have had recent m/c. (oh and lots of people on Clomid too... who knew?)

So tonight I start on 100mg vag suppositories. I already have a package of pads from last month still under the counter. A GF of mine at work said I should sleep with a damp wash cloth between my legs to keep the "mess" down. It really helped for her.

On pelvic rest until further notice (we will reevaluate at next week's u/s) and on light exercise, basically just walking for a while, which is fine with me ;-) Batman will tell you that I have been coming up with LOTS of excuses not to work out as it is, so this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if they would put you on Progesterone. I'm so glad they did and I hope this stops the spotting. :)

Jen said...

I just wanted to tell you that those ultra sound pictures are beautiful. The bean is so dang cute already. I'm so happy for you and I'm sending you warm thoughts every day.

I will be back 'home'soon and I will get back to commenting more often.

Unknown said...

Messy vag supplements or not..your bean is safe!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!

~*JaYmE*~ said...

Yeah suppostories are not fun!! The u/s pics are great!!!

Kitty said...

Good that they keep watching and thinking about you. That's good. Hope the progest do the trick. Hope all goes well next week. KUP!
Thinking of you!

Suzie said...

Hooray for progesterone! Oh, and sleeping with a wet rag between your legs sounds...ah-hem....lovely...

PS- love the bean's first pics!!

Ella said...

Glad they put you on the prog, I was suspecting they might. It's messy, but worth it. And those u/s pics are great!

just me, dawn said...

beautiful ultrasound pics! the progesterone will be worth the mess...sending you anti-spotting thoughts :)

Ash said...

I am so happy to hear how good everything is going with this little bean! I hope the prog helps the bean get really snuggled in and that the lack of exercise isn't too much of a blow LOL :D