Thursday, December 11, 2008

Surprise for me!

Batman and I had decided to forgoe buying a real tree this year (in order to add funds to the ever needy "fix my car" fund) and instead borrow a fake one from my ILs.

Well, last night I walked into my home and smelled the most wonderful scent- Christmas. (You know, the smell of a fresh cut tree? That says Christmas to me) I didn't think much of it, thinking it was maybe something from outside or maybe (our neighbor had just come over) from the wreath on our door.
And then I walked into the living room and saw this:



I almost cried (chalk another one up to the crazy hormones). It was THE best surprise I think I have ever gotten! (Except for maybe last week when I got home and Batman had put up our outside lights... that was pretty nice too)

He then showed me this:



He already put all the lights on it for me :)

Turns out my MIL felt so bad for us that she took Batman to get a real tree after he got off work yesterday and insisted on having it up with lights on it before I got home. She is really the sweetest woman alive. I think I know where Batman gets it!

Tonight we are putting on all the ornaments after I get home from loving on this guy I can't wait!!

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

Aw, How sweet! What a great MIL and hubby, lucky girl! That tree is beautiful!!

CanadianMama said...

Aww, that is so sweet!!

Morgan Owens said...

Awww it's beautiful!! :)

faedrake said...

What a wonderful MIL you have! It is gorgeous. I can almost smell it through the screen.

We have a fake tree, but I keep telling myself we'll start getting real ones if/when we have little ones.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome :) Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a great MIL and husband you have! It's a beautiful tree. :)

Melissa said...

Gorgeous tree! Must've been a nice surprise for you.

I agree, nothing compares to a "real" tree - the fake ones just don't cut it for me!

~*JaYmE*~ said...

Aww how sweet of Batman!

Amy said...

That is so sweet. What a great hubby and MIL you have.