Monday, December 1, 2008

WTF is this?

So apparently all of BDing like rabbits at the 'rents house over the holiday weekend went out the window with the arrival of AF on Saturday. WTF is that all about? I was supposed to Oing damnit! Not hosting a visit from my least favorite aunt! And to top it all off yesterday was (TMI) so heavy I was going through a tampon every couple of hours... not really that pleasant when you have to ride in a car for 8 hours. It's back to normal today, but seriously what the HELL?

I have a call into my docs office, but I haven't heard back yet. I guess I am onto Clomid round 3... and upping it once again?

We told my parents this weekend about our little bit of IF troubles. Apparently my mom was on clomid when she was TTC both my older brother and I, but it never actually worked for her so she went on something else (although she didn't say what that was). I think I will mention that to my doc (well, the nurse) and see what she says. Maybe we can try Femera? Or maybe they will just up the clomid? I guess I just have to wait and see.
I'm still unsure how I feel about my parents knowing. We haven't told Batman's parents anything other than we are trying. I guess I just feel like the less I talk about it, the less other people will want to talk about it and give unsolicited (and generally inaccurate) advice. It makes sense to talk about it with my mom though. She had a hard time TTC all of us except my youngest brother. There are 8 years between me and my little sister if that tells you anything. I just hope I don't get random emails or phone calls from anyone thinking I really care about their two cents (well, IRL people anyway... I do care what you all think!)

On a better note, we really had a fantastic time in Seattle, although all those places that I said we would be sure and visit? Ya, only got to this one. We were just too busy doing other stuff. More important stuff like eating turkey leftovers. and watching football. and playing apples to apples. (BTW, if you have never played that game, I HIGHLEY recommend it... it's loads of fun!) and shopping.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Argh!! Are you serious? Dang AF!!

But you got a period so that means you're O'ing, right? That has to be a good thing, I'm assuming...

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this frustration.

Melissa said...

Wow, it's insane that AF showed when you should've been ovulating. I'm so sorry.

Telling people about your IF struggles is a huge step. My husband and I told our families and, in hindsight, I kind of wished we hadn't! As you said, there's a good chance you'll be receiving tons of unwanted and inaccurate advice -- that was the most annoying part to me.

But some people do find an incredible support system by opening up to friends and family, so maybe it's for the better that you told? You will surely have your mom's empathy and personal experiences to draw from.

Anyway, huge ((hugs)) for AF's arrival. Hopefully your doctor has some good suggestions that will bring you a speedy BFP.

CanadianMama said...

Aww, that totally sucks! Sorry - big hugs!